Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute (NIDI)
The Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute (NIDI) is a research institute of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW). NIDI is engaged in the scientific study of population (demography).
- Lumey, L.H. & Poppel, F.W.A. van (2013),
- The Dutch famine of 1944-45 as a human laboratory: changes in the early life environment and adult health. In: L.H. Lumey & A. Vaiserman (eds.), Early life nutrition and adult health and development. New York: Nova Science Publishers, p. 59-76. [pdf]
- Thomese, F. & Liefbroer, A.C. (2013),
- Child care and child births: The role of grandparents in the Netherlands. Journal of Marriage and Family 75 (2): 403-421. [pdf]
- Fokkema, T. & Naderi, R. (2013),
- Differences in late-life loneliness: a comparison between Turkish and native-born older adults in Germany. European Journal of Ageing. Published online: March 9, 2013. [pdf]
Research Master internship23-04-2013NIDI offers an internship for a Research Master student on the topic "New patterns of parental investment into children".
Ph.D. defence Kasia Karpińska - 09-03-2013
Friday 22 March 2013 Kasia Karpińska defended her Ph.D. thesis entiteld 'Prolonged employment of older workers. Determinants of managersí decisions regarding hiring, retention and training' based on a research project conducted at NIDI and Utrecht University School of Economics.
Ph.D. defence Wieteke Conen - 05-03-2013
Friday 8 March 2013 Wieteke Conen defended her Ph.D. thesis entiteld 'Older workers: The view of Dutch employers in a European perspective' based on a research project conducted at NIDI.
Population Europe video series - 28-01-2013
Population Europe launched a video series, "Population Europe Inter-Faces", consisting of video interviews of 20 eminent researchers, including Leo van Wissen, Helga de Valk and Aart Liefbroer from NIDI.
Ellen Dingemans receives Netspar Thesis Award 2012 - 25-01-2013
PhD student Ellen Dingemans has received the Netspar Thesis Award 2012 for her Research Master Thesis entitleld "Bridge employment after early retirement: A bridge to better postretirement well-being of adults?"
Euromapping 2012 - 18-01-2013
Recently the German Foundation for World Population (DSW) and the European Parliamentary Forum (EPF) released their annual Euromapping report. The report documents how European countries are living up to their international funding commitments to support developing countries' population efforts. The report substantially used input and feedback from the UNFPA/NIDI Resource Flows project.